Paella Recipe – Paella is the dish of Spain
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into 2" chunks
- 2 red peppers, cut into strips
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 pound arborio rice
- 5 cups water or chicken stock
- 1 tsp saffron threads, or to taste
- Special Equipment: 15" paella pan
- Heat the olive oil in the paella pan. Once warmed, add the red pepper and cook until fried. Remove from the pan and set aside for later.
- In the same pan, add the chicken and cook until browned on the outside. Once browned, add the chopped tomato and cook for about 2 minutes longer.
- Pour in the water with the chicken and tomato and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add the saffron and salt to taste. Continue to simmer until the liquid has been reduce by about 1 cup.
- Add the rice to the boiling water and spread it evenly across the pan. Do NOT stir the rice after it's been placed into the boiling water!
- Allow the rice to boil, uncovered, over medium heat until the liquid is absorbed.
- When the water is fully absorbed, top with the red pepper and serve.